Here is my quick weekend recap:
- Friday: Took my friend to the airport then had couples game night. (I wrote about it in my Happy List)
- Saturday: Layed around all day. That night we went over to my neighbor's house to a party over there. It was a lot of fun but I might have had a bit too much fun when explains my sunday.
- Sunday: :Layed in bed most of the day and was 100% lazy. Went over to Buck and Dlo's that night to watch the Laker game. Had yummy chicken fajitas taco (with Tapatio my obsession) and Sees suckers for dessert. We also watched a lot of
Weapon WarriorsDeadliest Warriors on Spike.
So yesterday I decided that I was going to start training for a half marathon. Yep the thoughts that just pop into my head. SOOOOOO I will be running my first half marathon on Oct 9,2011. I was a competitive runner for 6 years but I did mostly middle distance (mile and 800). I did Cross country for 5 years but the longest distance I ever ran was 10 miles. I am pretty excited to get back into running but nervous at the same time (as I need to strengthen my bad ankle)
I have created (bv merging together a variety of different plans) a 7 week program in which I will be running in a 5K and a 10K. Then I will start on a 20 week training program for the 1/2 marathon. So all in all it is a 27 week training program which I feel will be good for me.
So here are my running goals and plans.
- Start training today! Thats right folks I will be running a 2.5 miler in just a little bit
- Run in a 5K race on April 23. I hope to get 21 minutes or faster (I use to run them in 19-20:30).
- Run in a 10K race on May 15. My main goal is to finish without walking. I actually hope to get a time better than 49 min.
- Stick to my 27 week training program even with my work and personal travels that I have coming up
- Run the 1/2 marathon! My goal is just to finish.
|Except it will say 1/2 marathon... :)|
One last thing, I am super excited because we will be leaving for vacation next Thursday! :) YAY!! I cant wait to fly up to SF and just experience the sites. Going to be nice to take a longer vacation then just a weekend