Welcome!

**My name is Aimee and I will be blogging themed days usually. I will try to touch on a variety of topics and try to make this blog an interesting read. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read! I hope you enjoy your time here.**

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A HodgePodge Post!

Ok well... Its going to be a crazy week as its the last week of the month and quarter. I am legitamately stressed out for the first time in my current job. Oh well I just need to get past this week. that is why I didnt really have time nor the motivation to do a post yesterday.


Here is my quick weekend recap:
  • Friday: Took my friend to the airport then had couples game night. (I wrote about it in my Happy List)
  • Saturday: Layed around all day. That night we went over to my neighbor's house to a party over there. It was a lot of fun but I might have had a bit too much fun when explains my sunday.
  • Sunday: :Layed in bed most of the day and was 100% lazy. Went over to Buck and Dlo's that night to watch the Laker game. Had yummy chicken fajitas taco (with Tapatio my obsession) and Sees suckers for dessert. We also watched a lot of Weapon Warriors  Deadliest Warriors on Spike.
Yep it was a lovely weekend full of a lot of lazyness and fun times.

So yesterday I decided that I was going to start training for a half marathon. Yep the thoughts that just pop into my head. SOOOOOO I will be running my first half marathon on Oct 9,2011. I was a competitive runner for 6 years but I did mostly middle distance (mile and 800). I did Cross country for 5 years but the longest distance I ever ran was 10 miles. I am pretty excited to get back into running but nervous at the same time (as I need to strengthen my bad ankle)



I have created (bv merging together a variety of different plans) a 7 week program in which I will be running in a 5K and a 10K. Then I will start on a 20 week training program for the 1/2 marathon. So all in all it is a 27 week training program which I feel will be good for me.



So here are my running goals and plans.
  • Start training today! Thats right folks I will be running a 2.5 miler in just a little bit
  • Run in a 5K race on April 23. I hope to get 21 minutes or faster (I use to run them in 19-20:30).
  • Run in a 10K race on May 15. My main goal is to finish without walking. I actually hope to get a time better than 49 min.
  • Stick to my 27 week training program even with my work and personal travels that I have coming up
  • Run the 1/2 marathon! My goal is just to finish.

Except it will say 1/2 marathon... :)
I will be proving a lot to myself if I get trained in time and run the whole 1/2 marathon. I will be so proud of myself. I know its going to be a long adventure but I will blog about my progress here. Anyone out there that has ran a 1/2 or full marathon? Any advice

One last thing, I am super excited because we will be leaving for vacation next Thursday! :) YAY!! I cant wait to fly up to SF and just experience the sites. Going to be nice to take a longer vacation then just a weekend



3 comments:

  1. I'm scared for you. Seriously. I don't know if I can even finish a 5K but dammit I'll puke or pass out trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddammit...it's Deadliest Warrior, not weapon warriors. Lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had such a good time at game night! And I'm still so impressed with your winning skills. :)

    ReplyDelete