Welcome!

**My name is Aimee and I will be blogging themed days usually. I will try to touch on a variety of topics and try to make this blog an interesting read. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read! I hope you enjoy your time here.**

Friday, February 12, 2010

Random Fridays- V-Day Special

So I am still trying to figure out all my themed days but it is an adventure.

I have decided though that Fridays would be random information (whether it be an odd news story, a crazy picture, or an out of the ordinary event). I don't know about you but I love reading the odd news on Yahoo or Google news. I find it very interesting. 

I decided that on behalf of Valentine's Day, a holiday I don't like very much, I will feature some related odd stories.

 
*A whole new spin on Love Stinks!*

1)Love stinks! Minn. farmer creates manure valentine

A man made a Valentine for his wife out of Manure- was he trying to be original or tell his wife that their love life was crap? Since I am not a cynic (especially when it comes to love) we will go with the first one. I will give him points on originality and thoughtfulness.

 
 
*Be careful when you sniff these roses...You might get more than just a scent.*

Of course this story involves Columbia and Amsterdam-I mean come on its about drugs. I feel that they had the right intentions, why not do a line off of a rose? You're sniffing it anyway so you won't look suspicious. While they were at it though they should have been trying to send "special chocolate" as well.


What about you? Do you know of any weird Valentines Day stories or any other odd stories in general? They are my favorite:)

aimee 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the dozen roses I got you...they were $65,000...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocaine roses? Manure hearts?! Hilarious. Earlier this week, LA times published a story about researchers studying the science of falling in love. interesting stuff!

    http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-love8-2010feb08,0,5799369.story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll agree with you on the first story, I hope he was trying to be original and sincere! I wish I had a story to share, but nothing out of the ordinary! I enjoy reading your posts :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again...Tomorrow I am going to feature 2 new blogs. I would love to feature your blog, do you mind? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete