Welcome!

**My name is Aimee and I will be blogging themed days usually. I will try to touch on a variety of topics and try to make this blog an interesting read. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read! I hope you enjoy your time here.**

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Im trying to be motivated to blog

Hi folks! I really apologize for being scarce with my blogging lately. I have had a ton of time to blog but I havent really been motivated to blog. I have been keeping up with your blogs though. Been nice to read about what you all are doing for Thanksgiving. Has gotten me in the holiday spirits.


Our Thanksgiving
Don't worry turkeys... This year we are eating the pig.
Source

Kevin and I decided to host it at our place this year. My mom, dad, brother, and his boyfriend are coming over. My sister and brother-in-law are doing it at the inlaws this year.

Food (My Favorite!!)
-Ham (ordering)
-Stuffing (Making-boxed stuffing of course)
-Green Bean Caserole (im making)
-Mixed Veggie dish (kevn is making. His mom's recipe)
-Candied Yams (My mom is bringing)
-Bread Rolls (regular and Hawaiian)
-Cranberries (my mom is making)
-Pies (store bought-Apple and Pumpkin)

At least in our house this is definitely one of our favorite things about Thanksgiving.
Source

We will probably just eat, watch football (there is 3 games on that day!!), and play games. I am quite excited about it being at our place because we dont have to worry about the drive back home and leaving earlier than we would want to because we are tired. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (yes, even more than Christmas) and that is because growing up it was always such a great time with family so I hope that will continue in our adult years.

Oh ya we got a new kitty to add to our family (so now we have 3 girl cats and 1 boy dog. Girls-4 Boys-2). She is super adorable. Her name is Athena and she is a Gray Siamese cat with green eyes and white markings on her stomach and she has boots. She is 6 weeks old and is a very fiesty, sweet, and curious little thing.
Isnt she just a cutie?

She likes to sleep a lot and it has to be on either me or Kevin. She loves to cuddle


Ok now onto Wee Bit of Me Wednesday!
Click to link up over at Leigh Ashley's if you want to play along!



{one} what kind of camera do you have? I have an awesome Fujifilm digital camera that I LOVE. I lost the usb cord though which is why there hasnt been any Vegas pictures or anything yet. Need to go get a new one... :(

{two} you just won $1000 and you have to spend it on yourself on one item. what do you buy? 

The car I want!! Really really bad!!

I would use it as a downpayment for a car. We really need another car.


{three} if you had to choose, would you rather live with your parents in the same house forever or 5000 miles away? 5000 miles away. I love my parents but I did the whole living with them thing. 


{four} is your christmas tree up yet? Nope that thing wont go up until after Thanksgiving. Its suppose to be the day after but we kinda dont have a tree or any decorations...Major slackers!!


{five} do you bring reusable bags to the grocery store? no. 
{six} which would be worse: listening to the same song on replay for the rest of your life or having to eat the same meal everyday for the rest of your life? Replay. At least Im getting good food over and over on the meal. Well hopefully. I get to pick this meal right. I could eat sushi or steak over and over and over again. :)


{seven} name 3 things you are thankful for this season. Having a job and money, my loved ones (this includes family, kevin, friends, and my animals), and sports!! LOL
{eight} do you dye/highlight your hair? if so, do you do it yourself or have it done at the salon? I have been dyeing/highlighting my hair since I was 14. I have done both. I prefer to have it done professionally. And now I am super lucky because I have a friend who is a hair styilist and she comes to my house to dye/highlight and cut my hair for a very inexpensive price. 


{nine} would you rather watch a movie at home or at the theater? at home. i really am not a big theater goer. (Unless its a movie I cant wait to see like Harry Potter).

{ten} would you rather win $1000/week for life or $5 million all at once? $1000 a week. that would make life a lot more simple. (I agree with Leigh)...Also less taxes taken out and I would know that I would always have that money. :)



Well I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving. Eat a lot!! I know I will. :)
What are you all doing for Thanksgiving?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. Me and Jess are having it at our place to this year. Both our family's are coming over. Neither of us have brothers or sisters so it's just the Moms and Dad's and then my cousin along with her husband and daughter. The best part is just no having to travel this year!!
    Looking forward to the Football games since My team (Patriots) are playing the first game.

    LOVE the kitty pics......sooooo cute.

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
    Kara XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl-- you need to venture into the world of real stuffing. LOL. ;) If you google "Crock pot stuffing" you will find THE BEST recipe. It's super easy, your house will smell divine for days and it is a thousand times better than what a box can give you. Just sayin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was going to your house for Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sweet kitten! I love Hawaiian bread/rolls. Sooo good!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, your new kitty is a cutie!! I made that Veggie casserole too, Pat's recipe rocks! I love and want a Mini too! Remember that old creeper in the mini in Vegas? Good times haha! Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving!! <3

    ReplyDelete