Welcome!

**My name is Aimee and I will be blogging themed days usually. I will try to touch on a variety of topics and try to make this blog an interesting read. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read! I hope you enjoy your time here.**

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Misadventures of a Starbucks Addict


Hello!! I hope that your weekends were fantastic. Mine was boring but relaxing.

My weekend was so dull and uneventful in fact that I was actually having a difficult time coming up with something to blog about (as Mondays are suppose to be Weekend recap days). Well, being the ditz that I am, I ended up having a fun adventure at work that I could share with you lovely readers :).

A couple of disclaimers about myself to put this in better perspective:
1) I am a true Southern Californian so I never dress for the weather and 85% of the year I don't have a jacket with me at all.
2)I have no idea of how to look at the sky and predict that rain will be coming because as noted in point 1, where I am from we don't have rain too often.
3) I am pretty addicted to Starbucks and will walk 1 mile in 3.5 inch heels to get my Starbucks if the craving hits.
4) I am stubborn and usually will not ask for help.


Ok so today it has been a bit overcast but the sun is still shining through. Around 11 am I figured that it was a good time to walk over to Starbucks to grab my regular, Grande Chi Latte and a plain bagel with cream cheese. Keep in mind that I am wearing black capris,a short sleeve shirt, and 3.5 inch heels. I look outside and the weather is great. I am very excited, just to be getting some time away from my desk by taking a walk down to Starbucks. 

Everything went as planned until as I am leaving Starbucks to walk back to my office it begins raining pretty hard, well pretty hard in Californian standards. My first thought was to walk inside and call the office to have someone come pick me up but of course that would make things too simple for me. Instead, I decide to be stubborn and walk the 1/2 mile back to the office. 



I looked like a wet puppy by the time I got back and I was so cold that  borrowed a co-workers jacket to warm back up. I have learned a few lessons from this.
1)Always have a jacket on hand if the skies are a bit overcast.
2) Don't be stubborn, just call for help so that you don't have to ruin your make-up and hair.
3) Starbucks is worth all of that trouble. It was so yummy:)

Do you have any addictions that you would sacrifice your comfort for?

Happy Monday!
 

7 comments:

  1. Hello from a fellow Southern Californian! :-) I actually have a jacket most of the time this time of year because it's so cold in the mornings! But anyway, love the blog! I'm here by way of SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had that same drenched dog moment before! luckily, i've learned better and now carry an umbrella even when the weather doesn't call for rain. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your starbucks picture...cute...I could use that in the morning! I do carry an umbrella, but I like the jacket idea for those days that it is chilly! Have a great week and hopefully no more rain!
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweet Aimee! Loved this post, and YES I do have an addiction that I'd sacrifice my comfort for. This is so funny, but absolutely true. Every once in a while when I'm feeling down and out, the first thing I crave is..are you ready.??..a Birthday Cake.

    Not just your ordinary, run of the mill, over the counter cake that you can pick up at the local grocery store. I'm talking about the delicious bakery cakes with the beautiful decorations and all that thick, wonderful sweet icing.

    Yep, I'm guilty. Rain or shine, sleet or snow. In 3 inch Heels or Flip Flops, if my world is upside down I'll do most anything to get my cake-fix. Must be something unresolved from my childhood. I donno. Ha ha

    The best part of this sad little tale is that thank goodness I'm mostly always HAPPY. And the second best part is that I always tell the truth to the baker when picking up my cake, that no one's having a birthday that day, no special name needs to be on top..I tell 'um just give me a fork and I'm good to go.

    Blessings, Joy and Monday Sunshine, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe Starbucks doesn't offer a delivery service. I mean, come on. Office coffee tastes so...generic. Starbucks is missing out on a golden ticket. I purpose we start our own coffee delivery business!

    Sorry to hear about your soppy walk. I'd take looking like a wet puppy over smelling like a wet dog any day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starbucks IS worth the trouble! A few tips from a fellow addict: always use a Starbucks gift card because you'll earn points and be sure to register that gift card for a free drink on your birthday. Not sure if it's too late to sign up for a Starbucks credit card because the program is ending, but to make up for discontinuing my credit card with them, Starbucks sent me a booklet full of free drink coupons! Ah, how can anyone not love them?

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Guest Bloggers Needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog at LambAround and I like it a lot! Now I'm a follower:)

    I can only say that you're very brave to walk in the rain with high heels and without a jacket:) and yes, that's what we do when we crave something:)

    ReplyDelete