Welcome!

**My name is Aimee and I will be blogging themed days usually. I will try to touch on a variety of topics and try to make this blog an interesting read. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read! I hope you enjoy your time here.**

Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap and Last Chance!!

Happy Monday!

I hate Mondays because it means the end of a beautiful weekend and the start of another work week. I shouldn't complain though because I did have a 3-day weekend. I am all for the 4-day workweek. Who is with me? Come on, 5 days on and 2 days off is just too unbalanced.

So before I go on to my weekend recap, I would like to remind you that it is your last chance to send me in your reviews on a wine for the Tuesday's Feature. Please send them to me by 12 pm EST tomorrow (May 18th). It would be awesome to get some reviews from readers. No idea what I am talking about? Go here.

Friday: After a super lazy day vegging out on the couch while watching Party Down I felt much better. So that night Kevin and I decided to have a date night. We drank some Stella Rose (my new favorite wine) and went out to our favorite Hookah place. We had a laid-back evening. The Hookah place is pretty awesome because it is relaxing with music and couches. We like to go there and people watch while enjoying our yummy Hookah.

What is your favorite hangout spot? 

Saturday: Tailgate at the Angels game with some girlfriends. Then bar hopping that night with my best friend.

The tailgate rocked because we had soo much food.  Let me make you drool and list what we had at the tailgate:
  • Salad -spinach( veggies, blue cheese, and rasberry vinegarette),Cheese, cracker, and meat plate, and chips
  • Roasted chicken and sandwiches
  • Fruit salsa (apples, pears, kiwi, cinnamon, and honey) with some awesome sweet crispy thing that tasted like churros and homemade brownies
Jealous? Oh gosh, it was fantastic. I had 4 platefuls. The game was great as well but come on you can't beat the tailgating experience. Oh my goodness though it got pretty ridiculous. I mean there were like 3 homeruns in a row and the score ended up being 12-3 (ridiculous).

I have to tell you the story of the worst pickup line ever used on me. I was standing in line for a Margarita Yard (yummy!) and this guy comes up to me asking me the score of the Dodger game. Not a random question since I was wearing a Dodger shirt. "4-1 in favor of the Dodgers" I tell him. He then proceeds to tell me how he is a big Dodger fan and his friends dragged him to the Angels game (hmmm, dude your Angel cap would beg to differ). It gets better though, he then bent down to my level, I am 5'2 and he was about 6'0, and looks into my eyes saying "You must be a true Dodger fan because even your eyes are Dodger blue." Insert eye roll and gag here. Geez! Where do guys come up with these things?

Sunday: I had my friend's graduation get together to go to. It was a lot of fun. The combination of super strong margaritas in a bucket and dirty minded people made for an interesting evening. Let's just say that the conversations that we were having ranged from PG-13 to R-rated. Some of the people that were there I hadn't seen in a while so it was very ncie to hang out with them again.

Funny Story of the day: My co-worker walked by as I was blogging and asked "What's the blog about today" and I instinctly said "Your mom" because I am as mature as a 14-year-old boy. It made us all laugh which wasn't good because I had to get on the phone right after and I had the giggles. Thank goodness for the # button when you laugh on a voicemail, I have to use it a lot around here.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. my weekend was grrrrrreat! yup...just like that grrrrreat.

    i am jealous of your weekend but only because of the food part. oh and your mom.

    HA! i'm 14 too yo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love lame pickup lines.hahaha.

    I love the mute button at work. =)

    Here's to(wine toasting) hoping you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete