Welcome!

**My name is Aimee and I will be blogging themed days usually. I will try to touch on a variety of topics and try to make this blog an interesting read. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read! I hope you enjoy your time here.**

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Three Things and Sports Talk




So I decided I was going to link up at You just can't Google everything and do her Three Things Thursday. This week's question is "What do you splurge on?"

Well what don't I spend money on? You guys learned yesterday that I have a bit of a bad spending habit that I am trying to break. Hopefully I can cut back on these three things that I spend too much money on.


1) Starbucks. I quit it for a while but now I am back to being an addict. I blame it on being a grown up and not having enough time in the morning to make breakfast. Running down to Starbucks is so much easier.

2) Shoes... I am a shoe fanatic and if I had more money you better believe I would be buying a ton of name brand shoes.

3) Going out... I can easily go through a couple hundred bucks in 1 weekend if I go out every night either for dinner or drinks. I will often offer to cover one of my friends if they say they can't afford it, when even I shouldn't be going out. I can't turn down an invitation to go spend time with friends.

Brief Sports Run Down

Let's take a look at whats going on in the sporting world:

Yesterday the Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks at the end of the 14th and won 1-0. They swept the Diamondbacks in that series. I am pointing this series out because the Diamondbacks now have the new record of going the most amount of innings without scoring a run (31 innings). Not a great record to have but I am loving it.

Basketball: Tonight is the 1st game of the NBA Finals. LA Lakers vs. Boston (or BosDONE) Celtics.

Even if you do not like basketball you got to check some of this series out. It is going to be a very heated and passion filled series. These two teams hate each other. The Lakers have revenge and redemption on their mind so they should be playing with a lot of passion. Also both teams are very talented so it will be a very eventful series. Go LAKERS!

Hockey: Stanley Cup Playoffs Chicago Blackhawks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

The series is now at 2-1 in favor of the Blackhawks (who I am semi-rooting for). It has been a good series thus far. I haven't watched any of it yet so shame on me but I urge you to check it out, even if you don't like sports or hockey. Hockey is the most exciting sport to watch during the playoffs and the Stanley Cup is the most prestigious sports award. 

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! My husband does that going out splurging thing sometimes...

    Go Flyers! :-)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a Tigers fan.... but did you even see that RIDICULOUS call with two outs in the ninth and nearly a perfect game?!?!

    WTF!?!

    Also, I too, am addicted to SBucks and in attempts to save on calories and dollars, I've been making more Starbucks-esque beverages at home to cart around with me at work, etc. So far, so good :) I'd recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments, and for following! I love love looove sports - so nice to meet a fellow sports girl, and i LOVE your sports rundown! I'm geared up for the NBA finals tonight, too :) - that comes after Anniversary dinner!

    I completely relate to the spending habit, as I'm trying to break mine, too. Starbucks is a weakness of mine, as is eating out and Bath & Body Works super splurges - they are killing me, and have been for years now.

    Looking forward to more sports rundowns! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is with you on the Starbucks and Shoes. What more does a girl need?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I gotta root for the Celtics! Can't wait to watch the games...should be a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stop with the starbucks...seriously!

    and get with the pete's :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Flyers!! Starbucks...it doesn't get any better then having someone else make your coffee...worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aimee, do you know "The Diva Bee" Haley??

    http://thedivabee.blogspot.com/

    I think you guys look like you could be sisters. Just sayin', you're both hotties!!

    And yes, shoes...fantasmic!

    ReplyDelete